WebMD recently reported that sex does the body good and I think we’d all agree. The old saying “an apple a day keeps the doctor away”, should have really said “a lay a day keeps the doctor away”. Having sex, not even good sex, has proven to improve a person’s mental and physical health. The following, reported by WebMD, are seven reasons why you should have regular sex (but I’m talking about the healthy and protected sex, not the one night stand and loose your senses sex, just to clarify) so enjoy!
1. Sex Relieves Stress. Well this one is a given. Everyone knows that if you are anxious, stressed or upset in any way, having sex, even if you aren’t necessarily into it, will undoubtedly put you in a better mood. And if you doubt my words, read Biological Psychology which published an experiment of 24 woman and 22 men who were put in stressful situations; those who were having regular sex maintained lower blood pressure in the stressful situations compared to the people who weren’t having sex. Basically, having sex on a regular basis will keep your blood pressure down. So next time you want to tell your partner to “take a chill pill”, get naked instead!
2. Sex Boosts Immunity. WebMD reports that having sex once or twice a week, I know that’s a stretch for some, is linked to with higher levels of an antibody called immunoglobulin A or IgA, which can protect you from getting colds and other infections. A experiment was done where a person’s saliva was tested for this specific antibody and those who had “frequent” sex, once or twice a week, had higher levels of the antibody than those who were abstinent. Next time you have the urge to pop a echinecia to cure your cold, pounce on your significant other instead; get those antibody levels up!
3. Sex Burns Calories. Don’t you just love this one? I mean, not only do you get to hopefully have the time of your life, you are actually getting thinner doing it. On average, thirty minutes of sex will burn 85 calories. Now remember this is an average; those “marathon nights” will definitely amount to more than 85 calories. So ladies, ride away…
4. Sex Improves Cardiovascular Health. Men listen to this one! For men, having sex twice or more a week, reduced the chance for a fatal heart attack by half! So not only can you be stoked that you are having sex twice or more a week, but you are going live longer because of it, giving you more time to have more mind blowing sex.
5. Sex Boosts Self Esteem. You know that silly smile that you can’t kick after a good romp, or the extra kick in your step after a night of passion, that’s your self-esteem boost. People have sex to feel better, to feel good. Having healthy sex leaves one feeling empowered and invigorated. After an amazing love fest, men feel like they are a God and women feel like they are the sexiest creature ever; if this isn’t self esteem boosting, I don’ t know what is. So maybe instead of your weekly therapy session, you should just have a night of marathon love-making.
6. Sex Improves Intimacy. WebMD reports, having sex and orgasms increases levels of the hormone oxytocin, the
so-called love hormone, which helps us bond and build trust. Researchers found that woman who have more physical contact with their husbands, hugging, kissing and having sex, had higher oxytocin levels. And the more oxytocin you have, the more love you will feel. Most people would agree that physical contact brings two people closer emotionally, but now it is proven that your body will literally feel more love with that extra contact.
7. Sex Helps You Sleep Better. Now this one is definitely a given. There is absolutely nothing more inviting than a nap after a nice orgasm. Researchers say that the hormone oxytocin, the love hormone, that is released during an orgasm helps a person sleep better. Not only will you be tired after sex from burning calories, improving your cardiovascular health, but now your hormones released will also force you into sleep. So next time ladies when you get peeved because man rolls over and nods off in a post sex cuddle, don’t take it personally, it’s that damn oxytocin!
Well if these seven reasons don’t encourage you to have sex tonight than I give up. Now remember, “a lay a day will keep the doctor away”…